Golf Clubs – Chippers – Advantages of Chippers
Golf Clubs – Chippers – Advantages of
If you’re keen to find out what the
advantages are of using a chipper on the golf course, read our
Many golfers still use chippers
as they are a sure fire way to ensure that you get your golf ball off
the rough. However, a chipper must be used correctly in order for it to
be affective and improve your golf club performance overall.
A chipper is very similar to a putter but it has more
loft which is used for chipping. A chipper
has the same shaft and grip as a putter and is used with the same
stroke. A chipper is used on the fringe and around the greens usually
when the ball has landed in the rough. A chipper has 30 degrees of loft
and is used to produce a chip and run golf club shot but without the
difficulties which can occur when using a wedge.
This type of golf club is mainly aimed at older golf
players who may have difficulty producing wrist and arm speeds that
will enable them to hit wedge chips.
What are the advantages of Using A Chipper?
- A Chipper encourages proper takeaway and follow through.
- A chipper ensures that your hands stay ahead of the ball at
address and follow through.
- A chipper enables a triangle to be held throughout your golf club
- A chipper promotes a late release of the golf club head.
- A chipper encourages the formation of a straight line from the
left arm down the shaft.
- The oversize grip on a chipper trains hands and wrists from
- The heavy shaft of a chipper encourages the use of the large
- A chipper trains golfers to hit against the left side.
- A chipper trains golfers to take back in one
piece and follow through in one piece.
- Immediate feedback since an improper follow-through will cause
the upper part of the shaft to hit against the left side of the upper
Tips On Chipping From PGA Tour Star, John
“When I play in a pro-am, the first thing I
notice about my amateur partners is that they struggle to control
distance with their chips. You won't be a good player until you learn
how to chip it close and turn a missed green into a par save.”
- You've got to have loose hands. Tension in the grip of your golf
club is the number one cause of bad chippers.
- Play the golf ball back in your stance - this helps make sure the
golf club hits the ball first and the ground second.
- Keep your left wrist firm. The lead hand's wrist should not break
until after the ball is on its way.
Sports HQ is the European division for Confidence Sporting Goods,
inc., the famous manufacturer from Palm Springs, California. Sports PLC
supplies a wide range of golf equipment, including Chippers from
leading brands; other products include: Golf Balls, Lake Balls, Golf
Trolleys, Golf Accessories, Golf Bags, Golf Clothing, Golf Shoes and
Golf Clothing. Because we sell directly to you, you can expect to save
up to 85% on normal retail prices when buying from us.